For educators involved with children in Primary 1 to 3
Every child’s learning journey should be unique. How do we encourage, support and allow an individual learning journey for each child, while ensuring all are engaged in meaningful opportunities, curriculum and developmentally appropriate learning.
Every child’s imagination is captured by an exciting image, story or situation. Setting up contexts which stimulate children’s thinking and engagement helps children make sense of the learning they are involved in.
This training day will encourage delegates to:
• use contexts to ‘tune children into learning’ (with a focus on books, stories, poems and rhymes)
• analyse child development processes
• explore a range of ideas to support individual learning in all areas of the curriculum
• consider how to take consultation with children and ensure each learner is exposed to learning opportunities relevant to them
• debate a range of practical solutions to ensure sustained and deep level thinking.
During the day delegates will consider the importance of involving children in careful planning and evaluation to ensure the success of their individual learning needs.